I realize it's been ages since I've posted anything. It's not even for lack of worthy content. It's mostly because I lack the motivation and/or time. That said, this may not be the best topic for my comeback post, but I just finished my Wills and Trusts outline and I'm in desperate need of a finals break. What better way to take a mental break from finals than to think about the post-finals awesomeness that awaits me? Sure I have some amazing plans for when I get to CA in less than a week (but I'm not going to talk about them), but hopefully most of those plans will be couched in eating everything I've been missing for the last YEAR. Hear that people, I haven't been in CA for an entire year! That is far too long to deprive oneself from both the friends I miss and the following culinary delights:
1. Baker's - Other than the fact that it is the place where I grew up, Baker's maybe the best reason to visit the I.E..
2. Earl Grey Tea Latte from Coffee Bean Tea Leaf
3. Avogobble (avocado and turkey sando) - and anything else with avocado I can get my hands on.
5. Islands - Though it hasn't been discussed, I assume this restaurant will make it's appearance on my New Year's trip up to NorCal.
6. Del Taco - Chicken Soft Taco, fries, and a Cherry Coke please!
7. Rosies - Greatest burritos eva!
8. Mom's ribs - It's kind of ironic, my mom's cooking is definitely of the Midwestern variety (meat + potato + vegetable + crock pot = meal), but I can only get it in CA.
9. Mom's potroast
10. Sunday Steak - Being able to barbecue year around is not a luxury I'm afforded in MN (or ever considering I don't know how to do it). I love going home where almost every Sunday my Dad and/or Bro grills.
11. Cheeseboard - Dare I dream. Sadly, I'm not sure I'll make it to Berkeley this year and Cheeseboard tends to be closed around the holidays, but this would certainly be a New Year's week miracle! ...If I were going to Berkeley this year, this list would easily double.
12. Homemade Mexican food - preferably with sangria, made by people I love, and eaten over the course of several hours.
13. HOF's Hut - This is the post-Castle breakfast tradition that I look forward to almost as much as the night that precedes it.