Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

In celebration of mother's day I spent the afternoon with my G-ma and various other members of my extended family. In addition to shielding off questions about how finals were coming along, I had to deal with being the only non-mom adult woman there. One of my cousins wives just had her 4th child a few weeks ago. It seems like every time I come into contact with a baby, someone is shoving it into my arms and saying "you need the practice" in that sort of suggestive tone that really says "why aren't you married and pregnant yet?" They might really think I need the practice though, because they always seem to assume that I don’t know how to hold an infant properly ("don't forget to support the neck"). I suppose this may just be a misinterpretation of the uncomfortable vibes I'm sending out in response to their prior comment. It's not that I don't want to hold your baby, it's just that I don't want to think of it as practice for my future children.

2 comments:

Erin said...

gosh, molly. tick tock...that biological clock of yours can be heard in california!!

Donna said...

g-ma! that is so awesome.